I'm told George W. Bush really bungled the economy, usually as an argument in favor of the Obama president. I'll agree that "W" screwed up, especially in the following areas:
• Continuing Wilson's income tax that penalizes success.
• Continuing FDR's Social Security that turns equity into annuity.
• Continuing LBJ's welfare programs that maintain a poverty cycle.
• Stimulus packages and bailouts that reward corporate failure.
• Reducing job creation by continuing federal corporate taxes.
• Pandering to unions that restrict the US labor market.
• Diluting our work force with "reverse-discrimination" programs.
• Allowing the AMA and trial lawyers to keep medical costs high.
• Maintaining a costly military presence in the middle east.
• More government intereference through "anti-terrorism" laws.
• Deficit spending that undermines the strength of our dollar.
• Allowing US oil production to decrease so we have to import more.
• Increasing the size and scope of the US federal government.
• More regulation of energy, education, and health care.
• Playing golf and going on junkets while the economy foundered.
In which of these areas has the Obama presidency done better? (Yeah, that's what I thought.)
Today is 2019 August 20, Tuesday,
9:38:04 Mountain Standard Time (MST).
3083 visits to this web page.
$$$ I SUPPORT WIKIPEDIA $$$
THE ADAM HOME PAGE